2017 Range Rover Sport vs 2017 Range Rover Evoque
While the Land Rover Range Rover has been around for some time, we’ve had drivers asking us to compare the 2017 Range Rover Sport vs the 2017 Range Rover Evoque to make the decision a bit easier. Drivers from our dealership here in Mobile all the way to the Florida panhandle know to trust the Land Rover brand for capable, luxurious SUVs; see what sets these two models apart below, then visit Land Rover Gulf Coast for your test drive.
In an ideal world, drivers would simply choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, but we know that sometimes the budget comes into play. The 2017 Range Rover Sport offers a larger frame, a more powerful engine, and increased max cargo capacity – advantages that price it higher than the 2017 Range Rover Evoque.
- 2017 Land Rover Range Rover Sport models are priced starting at $65,650 (MSRP) for the SE trim level.
- The 2017 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque has a base price of $41,800 (MSRP) for the SE model.
While the 2017 Range Rover Evoque has an efficient 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder
under the hood that brings 240 hp and 250 lb-ft of torque to every model, the 2017 Range Rover Sport performance specs
come from four engines:
- 3.0L Turbo V6 – The standard engine on the Range Rover Sport delivers 340 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L Turbo-Diesel V6 – Move up to the turbo-diesel powertrain for 254 hp, 443 lb-ft of torque.
- Supercharged 5.0L V8 – Drivers looking for even more power will find 510 hp and 461 lb-ft of torque on the Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged and Autobiography trims.
- SVR Supercharged 5.0L V8 – At the top of the lineup, the Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR features a special version of the supercharged V8, rated at 550 hp and 502 lb-ft of torque.
Which SUV is for You?
Both give drivers access to state-of-the-art infotainment technologies like the InControl interface and smartphone app. You will of course find leather upholstery, keyless ignition, power seating, and other luxuries as standard on both models as well. As Land Rover vehicles, you’ll find full-time four-wheel drive standard on both models as well.For drivers who simply need a Land Rover as their next SUV, the Range Rover Evoque will be more affordable, but the specs of the Range Rover Sport – including increased cargo volume – are worth every penny.
Schedule Your Test Drive
If you have both the 2017 Range Rover Sport and the 2017 Range Rover Evoque on your mind, we encourage you to take a test drive of each one. There are few better ways to get to know a vehicle than from the driver’s seat, and all it takes is a visit to Land Rover Gulf Coast to see these vehicles firsthand. Contact us today to find your next luxury SUV and see why so many Mobile, AL and Destin drivers choose Land Rover.