2017 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Performance Specs & Features
Offered with four different V6 and V8 powertrain options and a heavy-duty four-wheel drive system that delivers outstanding off-road performance capabilities, the 2017 Land Rover Range Rover Sport is a true standout in the luxury SUV class. Obtain the kind of power you need from your next off-road trekker with the newest rendition of this model, available now at Land Rover Gulf Coast.
Commanding Power Under the Hood
Each engine option on the 2017 Land Rover Range Rover comes matched to an eight-speed automatic transmission. Here’s a look at the specs on each:
- 3.0L V6 – The first two trims in the lineup come standard with this V6 engine, which makes 340 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L Turbo-Diesel V6 – Move up to the turbo-diesel powertrain for 254 hp, 443 lb-ft of torque, and an EPA-estimated 28 mpg highway.
- Supercharged 5.0L V8 – Still want more? Opt for the Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged or Autobiography trim to get this engine, which puts out a staggering 510 hp and 461 lb-ft of torque.
- SVR Supercharged 5.0L V8 – Finally, at the top of the lineup, the Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR gets a specially tuned version of the supercharged V8, increasing output to an awe-inspiring 550 hp and 502 lb-ft of torque.
Robust Off-Road Performance
When you’re looking for some adventure off the beaten path, the 2017 Land Rover Range Rover Sport can handle whatever you put in its way:
- Full-Time Four-Wheel Drive – The Land Rover Range Rover’s continuously engaged full-time four-wheel drive system ensures maximum traction—no matter what the situation.
- Terrain Response® I & II – This system works by calibrating and adjusting your transmission, differential, and chassis in order to deliver optimal conditions for different driving conditions, including General Driving, Grass/Gravel/Snow, Mud/Ruts, and Sand. Terrain Response II further enhances the system by intuitively reading the terrain and switching between these modes automatically.
- All-Terrain Progress Control (ATPC) – This advanced crawl control system is able to maintain steady progress at low speeds on difficult terrain, essentially acting as a low-speed off-road cruise control system.
Sophisticated On-Road Performance
The Land Rover Range Rover Sport is more than just an off-road titan, though. You’ll still be able to handle difficult driving conditions and enjoy comfort and responsiveness when you’re on the road thanks to:
- Dynamic Response
- Dynamic Stability Control
- Torque Vectoring
Experience Top-Tier SUV Performance from the 2017 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
Ready to take the 2017 Land Rover Range Rover Sport for a test drive? Stop into Land Rover Gulf Coast at 1419 East I-65 Service Rd S in Mobile, AL, where we proudly serve discerning luxury auto shoppers all the way from Biloxi, MS to Destin, FL. We offer competitive financing, and you can always contact us online or call us with questions at 1 (844) 334-4108.