What’s the Difference Between 4WD and AWD?
Most drivers know that there’s something more to a vehicle that has 4WD or AWD, that each option offers more traction than front- or rear-wheel drive systems, but is there a difference? The answer is yes, and there’s a reason why each of the SUVs at Land Rover Gulf Coast come standard with 4WD.
- 4WD Delivers Superior Traction
- Drivers Have More Control with 4WD
- Most AWD Systems Turn Themselves On
- AWD is Not Designed for Going Off-Road
Do You Need 4WD?
So many people already lump AWD and 4WD into the same categories, but we hope it’s clear already that there are some differences.
- Four-wheel drive is best for drivers who like to camp, go off-road, or take ski trips, but it also helps with traction in rainy or snowy weather.
- All-wheel drive tends to engage when it senses traction is lost, and a driver will feel it when a vehicle like the Honda Pilot switches to AWD.
Much like the Bluetooth connectivity or heated seating of your cabin, you may not use 4WD all the time, but we think it’s better to have 4WD for when you need it than to need confidence off-road or on a skiing vacation and then not have it. And if you drive a Land Rover vehicle, you’ll have it for when you need it. Vehicles like the Discovery Sport come with the Terrain Response 2 system, a Land Rover exclusive feature that lets you choose between automatic or manual selection of 4WD driving modes.
Visit Land Rover Gulf Coast Today
When you need more than just front- or rear-wheel drive and don’t want to sacrifice comfort and class, make a trip to Land Rover Gulf Coast. We have vehicles were designed to get you through outdoor adventures, and we want to help you find the right Land Rover model for you. Visit us today at 1419 East I-65 Service Rd S in Mobile, AL, or contact us at 1 (844) 334-4108 to explore our current offers.