2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport Performance Capabilities
Powered by a turbocharged engine that gets an EPA-estimated 25 mpg highway, the 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport boasts confident on- and off-road performance capabilities with systems like Terrain Response, All-Terrain Progress Control, Adaptive Dynamics, and Torque Vectoring by Braking. Find out more before taking the trip from Biloxi, MS to Land Rover Gulf Coast in Mobile, AL.
Powertrain Performance Specs
Every 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport SUV is powered by a turbocharged 2.0L inline-four engine under the hood. This powertrain comes mated to a lightweight and compact nine-speed automatic transmission, and it sends out a confident 240 hp and 250 lb-ft of torque to all four wheels. Thanks to the sophisticated engineering and durable but lightweight materials that went into constructing this compact luxury SUV, you can expect fuel efficiency as high as an EPA-estimated 25 mpg highway and 20 mpg city. Also, with this engine, every Land Rover Discovery Sport is able to capably tow up to 4,409 pounds behind it.
The Land Rover Discovery Sport might be a fuel-efficient compact luxury SUV, but this doesn’t keep it from following through on Land Rover’s reputation for genuine SUV off-road prowess:
- Terrain Response – Designed to provide the best powertrain, chassis, and differential response for maximum comfort and drivability, this system features settings for a variety of conditions, including General Driving, Grass/Gravel/Snow, Mud/Ruts, and Sand.
- All-Terrain Progress Control – At speeds of up to 18.6 mph, this system is essentially a low-speed cruise control setting that lets you move at a pre-set speed on difficult terrain surfaces.
- Hill Descent Control – When you’re coming down from a tremendous height, Hill Descent Control (HDC) helps you maintain a consistent speed and is able to automatically apply the brakes separately to each wheel for ideal response and performance.
On-Road Driving Dynamics
Don’t worry—the focus isn’t solely on what you can do off the beaten path. The Land Rover Discovery Sport is also an ideal daily driver with sophisticated on-road ride quality:
- Adaptive Dynamics – Utilizing its sophisticated MagneRide suspension, this system is able to measure vehicle movements 1,000+ times per second, analyze the results, and adjust the vehicle’s power output and suspension in order to deliver a balanced ride with little body roll.
- Torque Vectoring by Braking – This system can improve the stability and agility of your SUV when you’re rounding a corner by ideally distributing torque. The result is better grip and more confident steering work.
Get Behind the Wheel of the 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport
You can finance the new Land Rover Discovery Sport right now at Land Rover Gulf Coast, located at 1419 East I-65 Service Rd S in Mobile, AL, where we proudly serve the luxury SUV needs of drivers as far as Biloxi and Destin. Contact us today to set up a test drive of the Land Rover Discovery Sport model of your choosing.