Jaguar Gulf Coast, LLC & Land Rover Gulf Coast Jaguar/Land Rover Export Policy
Why Jaguar Gulf Coast, LLC & Land Rover Gulf Coast (JGC/LRGC) have this Policy:
JAGUAR LAND ROVER NORTH AMERICA, LLC (JLRNA)
EXPORT AND BROKER POLICY
Effective November 24, 2014, JLRNA will implement the following New Export and Broker Policy, superseding the previous policy (operations bulletins JOGI14-23, OGI14-23).
The brokering and exporting of Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles are issues that Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (“JLRNA”) takes seriously. As Jaguar and Land Rover retailers, you have made a major investment in your franchise by investing in facilities, equipment, inventory, and people.
Individuals who export or broker Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles do not have a vested interest in the brands while improperly diverting sales from authorized retailers, and more importantly, our U.S. customer. The exporting of vehicles outside the U.S. negatively impacts U.S. retailers by, among other things, removing vehicles from the parts and service business, resulting in lost revenue in anticipated part sales and warranty work. Furthermore, the movement of vehicles from the U.S. to foreign markets may also impact the future product allocation and vehicle pricing for U.S. retailers.
Retailers who sell vehicles to exporters — by which we mean anyone who purchases a vehicle that is subsequently exported from the U.S. — undermine company systems established to ensure, among other things, that the end user is on record for warranty and safety recall purposes and that customer satisfaction information and demographic data are collected.
What is the JGC/LRGC the Export Policy?:
- This policy covers all New and Pre-Owned product Jaguar/Land Rover product in service for 9 months or less.
- JGC/LRGC will sell to clients within our trade area as defined by JLRNA
- JGC/LRGC will verify all involved parties name and address through JLRNA export list, PERT, 3rd party ‘known export lists’, and general internet search
- JGC/LRGC will require a signed credit application containing Social Security number, date of birth, residence, and yearly income on buyer
- JGC/LRGC may run a credit report on buyer at its discretion
- JGC/LRGC will exercise the FTC ‘Red Flag’ procedures for identity verification and identity theft protection
- JGC/LRGC will accept personal checks, lease contract, or finance contracts for transactions (no 3rd party wire transfer or 1st party cashier checks) based on credit approval
- JGC/LRGC may request proof of funds or income prior to sale
- JGC/LRGC will require clients to sign ‘Agreement Not to Export’ acknowledgment as condition of purchase
- JGC/LRGC will protect all consumer information and privacy
- JGC/LRGC does reserve the right to not enter in to a transaction with any person it suspects may be involved in exporting said vehicle
If you have any questions regarding this policy or the above procedures that cannot be
answered by your Sales Guide or Sales Management please contact our General
Manager: Marc Heiter 251-378-4378 or [email protected]